This page has moved to a new address.

Charlie the Boxer Pup: 4 Months Old

Monday, January 21, 2013

Charlie the Boxer Pup: 4 Months Old


I thought I'd give you all an update on Charlie the Boxer Pup. I know you've all been waiting to hear how he's growing!

Charlie is COMPLETELY house and crate trained. We have even been able to move his crate to the living room! Yay! I'm so glad to have my bedroom back *cheesy smile*

However, the dog is NUTS. He has more energy than the 4 of us humans put together. His listening skills are lacking as well. Apparently I have NO top dog assertiveness or something. I tell him to do something and he ignores me. He jumps on my counters, table, kids chairs, baby boys high chairs, the counters.... The list never ends. I think doggy behavior classes may be in his future. He makes my head spin on a daily basis.

Don't get me wrong. I'm beginning to actually bond with him. He's getting bigger and starting to be the "defender of home and family" that I want from him. And of course the friend that he is becoming for all of us. He's cuddly, cute, and warm, and loves to kiss. He likes to sleep or relax right next to you and loves to play.

He's just crazy. It's just because he's a puppy....RIGHT?!

I feel like I need the great Cesar Millian (the dog whisperer) to come to my house and train me how to be a proper dog owner. Maybe they have a "training puppies for dummies" book out there somewhere. I could use that too. Hmmm... Ill be researching that tonight.

We are still working with him walking on a leash. I would really like to run with him and be able to take him hiking, and take him with the stroller too. All in due time I suppose, all in due time.


Do you have any tips on how I could be more assertive and top dog-ish? How do I teach him to listen to me and not just my hubby?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home